Buying an Engagement Ring: The Process Defined
Our philosophy when it comes to engagement rings at Johnson Jewelers is to work with you to get the exact ring you want. Because of this, the process takes time. You won’t be in and out of the store in one day with a new ring. Depending on your requirements and the designer you choose, three weeks is the minimum amount of time it will take to create your ring. Here’s a look at the process:
- Browse our selection of rings to get an idea of what you like and what we carry.
- Schedule an appointment to discuss your timeline, budget, and requirements with our certified gemologist.
- At your meeting, you will narrow down your center stone requirements and select a band/setting. This can take a couple of meetings. We do not rush the process.
- We search for the center stone that meets your requirements and once we find a couple, we have them shipped to our store. You will then have another meeting with our gemologist to review the selections. You decide if you want to keep one or have us continue the search.
- Once you select your stone, your ring (the band/setting) is made with the exact dimensions of the center stone that you selected.
- The band is sent to our store and our onsite jeweler/goldsmith sets the stone.
- It is then inspected, cleaned, and polished by our gemologist.
- You can then come in to pick up your ring and the rest is up to you!
If you want to create a completely custom design, the process is similar, but usually takes a couple extra meetings and of course, more time.